A report released by PricewaterhouseCoopers estimated that 25% of Americans over 55 consider themselves providers in the so-called sharing economy. A separate report estimated that the sharing economy, which totaled about $15 billion in 2014, could grow to $335 billion by 2025
- Work with Uber or Lyft. Nearly 25% of drivers are over the age of 50. All you need is your own car and a smart phone to get started as a driver. Work the times you want to work and make good money. Click here to find out more about driving for Uber, and click here to learn more about driving for Lyft.
- Work with Task Rabbit. Work with TaskRabbit, which connects you with people who need specific services like babysitting, packing or handyman chores. TaskRabbit charges a 20% fee in exchange for processing payments and matches those who need help with those offering help. Check them out at TaskRabbit.
- Work with Airbnb or HomeAway. Work with Airbnb If you've have a spare bedroom or guest cottage, use it to generate extra income. Airbnb handles the online billing and takes a 3% cut. Renters are paid 24 hours after their guests arrive, a delay designed to protect visitors, who can get a refund if they don't like the accommodations. Airbnb will also reimburse renters for up to $1 million in damage. if you’re comfortable with having strangers in your home from a security standpoint and you have kids who are out of the house or you’re widowed or a widower, this is easy way to make some money. Tens of thousands of people around the world are doing so. Check them out at Airbnb or HomeAway.
- Work with Dogvacay. Work with Dogvacay which connects pet sitters with pet owners. Dogvacay provides pet sitters with a 24-hour hotline for help and insurance for both sitters and pet owners out of the 15% they charge. Check them out at DogVacay.
- Work with Relay Riders. Work with Relay Rides and Rent your idle car. Create a new listing in minutes. Tell them about your car, add a few photos, and you're in the marketplace. Update your car's calendar so renters know when it may be available.Here's how it works https://relayrides.com/how-it-works