Discounts for Boomers and Seniors
Hundreds of discounts you may not know about. Screen down to see them.
Discounts for local restaurants and entertainment. Pays for itself with your first use!
There are all kinds of discounts for boomers and seniors. The age often varies as to when you can qualify for a boomer and senior discount but it is usually 50 as it is with AARP members, or sometimes 55 or even 60+. Often just showing a driver’s license or other identification will allow you a senior discount but many establishments and services ask you to register to get a card identifying you as a senior eligible for any senior discount they offer.
To show the difference in qualifying ages here are some examples of senior and travel discounts.:
- Amtrak Everyday.15% discount on adult rail fare with some exclusions. Ages 62+
- Greyhound 10% discount for adults 55+
- Best Western At least 10% off regular room rates Ages 55+
- Banana Republic 10% discount everyday. Ages 50+
The combined savings to older Americans who regularly take advantage of discounts for seniors and particularly travel discounts can be in the thousands of dollars per year.
Since many senior discounts are not advertised to the public, our advice is to ALWAYS ask a sales associate if that store, restaurant or company provides a senior discount. That way, you can be sure to get the most bang for you buck. Also some franchise locations do not offer the same discounts as company stores.
iPhone Senior Discounts app is the easiest way to find senior discounts on your iPhone or iPad! Save money everywhere you shop, eat, and travel!
We invite any of our readers to tell us about senior discounts they have uncovered as well as to correct any errors in this section.Please note some of these senior discounts and travel discounts may have changed. We would appreciate your pointing this out to us so we can adjust the information appropriately.
- Applebee’s: 15% off with Golden Apple Card (60+)
- Arby’s: 10% off (55+)
- Ben & Jerry’s: 10% off (60+)
- Bennigan’s: discount varies by location
- Bob’s Big Boy: discount varies by location (60+)
- Boston Market: 10% off (65+)
- Burger King: 10% off (60+)
- Captain D’s Seafood: discount varies on location (62+)
- Chick-Fil-A: 10% off or free small drink or coffee (55+)
- Chili’s: 10% off (55+)
- CiCi’s Pizza: 10% off (60+)
- Culver’s: 10% off (60+)
- Denny’s: 10% off, 20% off for AARP members 4PM-10PM & cofee just $1.00 for you & your guests
- Dunkin’ Donuts: AARP special at participating locations free donut when you buy a large hot coffee
- Einstein’s Bagels: 10% off baker’s dozen of bagels (60+)
- Fuddrucker’s: 10% off any senior platter (55+)
- Gatti’s Pizza: 10% off (60+)
- Golden Corral: 10% off (60+)
- IHOP: 10% off (55+)
- Jack in the Box: up to 20% off (55+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal (55+)
- Krispy Kreme: 10% off (50+)
- Long John Silver’s: various discounts at participating locations (55+)
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee everyday (55+)
- Mrs. Fields: 10% off at participating locations (60+)
- Shoney’s: 10% off
- Sonic: 10% off or free beverage (60+)
- Steak ‘n Shake: 10% off every Monday & Tuesday (50+) some locations
- Subway: 10% off (60+) selected locations-check prior to ordering.
- Sweet Tomatoes 10% off (62+)
- Taco Bell: 5% off; free beverages for seniors (65+) in some locations.
- TCBY: 10% off (55+)
- Tea Room Cafe: 10% off (50+)
- Village Inn: 10% off (60+)
- Waffle House: 10% off every Monday (60+)
- Wendy’s: Check with the restaurant as senior age discounts vary.
- White Castle: 10% off (62+)
- Whataburger (if you ask) you can get a senior drink with purchase of other food items.
(Discounts & age requirements may vary. It's best to ask if discounts for seniors or travel discounts are available before ordering. Many restaurants provide senior discounts to those seniors who come in for an early dinner.)
Retail and Apparel Discounts
- Banana Republic: 10% off (50+)
- Bealls: 20% off first Tuesday of each month (50+)
- Belk’s: 15% off first Tuesday of every month (55+)
- Bon-Ton Department Stores: 15% off on senior discount days (55+)
- C.J. Banks: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)
- Clarks: 10% off (62+)
- Dress Barn: 10% off (55+)
- Goodwill: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
- Hallmark: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
- Kohl’s: 15% off (60+)
- Modell’s Sporting Goods: 10% off
- Rite Aid: 25% off 1st Wed. seniors 65+
- Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday (55+)
- The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: up to 50% off (55+)
- Stein Mart: 20% off red dot/clearance items first Monday of every month (55+)
- WD Store offers a 15% discount to seniors 50+ (www.wdstore.com) use coupon code WDSENIOR
- Albertson’s: 10% off first Wednesday of each month (55+)
- A&P 5% off Tuesday shopping order on purchases over $30 (55+)
- American Discount Stores: 10% off every Monday (50+)
- Best Cellars 5% off Tuesday shopping order on purchases over $30 (55+)
- Compare Foods Supermarket: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)
- DeCicco Family Markets: 5% off every Wednesday (60+)
- Food Emporium 5% off Tuesday shopping order on purchases over $30 (55+)
- Fry’s Supermarket: free Fry’s VIP Club Membership & 10% off every Monday (55+)
- Great Valu Food Store: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
- Gristedes Supermarket: 10% off every Tuesday (60+)
- Harris Teeter Thursdays 5% discount for 60+)
- Hy-Vee: 5% off one day a week (date varies by location)
- Kroger: Discounts varies by location
- Morton Williams Supermarket: 5% off every Tuesday (60+) Hartsdale NY location only
- Pathmark 5% off Tuesday shopping order on purchases over $30 (55+)
- The Plant Shed: 10% off every Tuesday (50+)
- Publix: 5% off every Wednesday (55+) Some stores only--check with your local Publix.
- Rogers Marketplace: 5% off every Thursday (60+)
- SuperFresh 5% off Tuesday shopping order on purchases over $30 (55+)
- Uncle Guiseppe’s Marketplace: 5% off (62+)
- Waldbaum's 5% off Tuesday of food order on purchases over $30 (55+)
To see and print hundreds of grocery coupons click this link Grocery Coupon Center
- Alaska Airlines: 10% off (65+)
- Alamo: up to 25% off for AARP members
- American Airlines: various discounts for 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
- Amtrak: 15% off (62+)
- Avis: up to 25% off for AARP members
- Best Western: 10% off (55+)
- Budget Rental Cars: 10% off; up to 20% off for AARP members (50+)
- Cambria Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Clarion: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Comfort Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Comfort Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Continental Airlines: no initiation fee for Continental Presidents Club & special fares for select destinations
- Dollar Rent-A-Car: 10% off (50+)
- Econo Lodge: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 5% off for AARP members
- Greyhound: 5% off (62+)
- Hampton Inns & Suites: 10% off when booked 72 hours in advance
- Hertz: up to 25% off on Hertz Daily Member rates for AARP members
- Holiday Inn: 10%-30% off depending on location (62+)
- Hyatt Hotels: 25%-50% off (62+)
- InterContinental Hotels Group: various discounts at all hotels (65+)
- Mainstay Suites: 10% off with Mature Traveler’s Discount (50+); 20%-30% off (60+)
- Marriott Hotels: 15% off (62+)
- Motel 6: 10% off (60+)
- Myrtle Beach Resort: 10% off (55+)
- National Rent-A-Car: up to 30% off for AARP members
- Quality Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Rodeway Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Sleep Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
- Southwest Airlines: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
- Trailways Transportation System: various discounts for ages 50 and up
- United Airlines: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
- U.S. Airways: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
Activities & Entertainment Discounts
- AMC Theaters: up to 30% off (55+)
- Bally Total Fitness: up to $100 off memberships (62+)
- Busch Gardens Tampa: $3 off one-day tickets (50+)
- Carmike Cinemas: 35% off (65+)
- Cinemark/Century Theaters: up to 35% off
- U.S. National Parks: $10 lifetime pass; 50% off additional services including camping (62+)
- Regal Cinemas: 30% off
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not: @ off one-day ticket (55+)
- SeaWorld Orlando: $3 off one-day tickets (50+)
Cell Phone Senior Discounts
- AT&T: Special Senior Nation 200 Plan $29.99/month (65+)
- Jitterbug: $10/month cell phone service (50+)
- Verizon Wireless: Verizon Nationwide 65 Plus Plan $29.99/month (65+) in some markets
Information in part provided by Brad's Deals
Some additional discounts for seniors savings:
Airlines Many airlines offer discounts for seniors 62 or older.
Banks Many banks offer discounts for seniors often providing free checking accounts and free checks. Check your bank to see if they offer free travelers checks, special rates on savings accounts and use of bank services like faxing, copy machines, etc.
Cruise Lines Most cruise lines offer discounts for seniors. Ask to see if you qualify.
Museums offer discounts for seniors but often for certain days or times.
Discounts vary from place to place. One of our readers wrote to give us some examples: In Albany, GA Wendy's give FREE drinks, not 10 % off like some Wendy's say in SC. Taco Bell in Albany, GA will give a FREE drink or 10% off whichever you request. Burger King, McDonald's and Hardees give discounts on drinks.
Check out our Products for Seniors page click here or our Where Seniors Spend by clicking here
Get a discount and donate to charity
donates 50% of all profits to charity! So, not only will you be saving money by leveraging their coupons, but also you'll be helping charities in need.
On-line Book Can Save You Thousands
Author Janet Groene unmasks all the secrets of deals that kick in as you grow in years, starting when you turn 50 and getting better as you reach 55, 60, 62, then 65. Fantastic Discounts & Deals For Anyone Over 50 can be ordered from Amazon or Barnes & Noble.